Hi, I’m Alana, licensed aesthetician and Day spa owner. We’re going to talk about acne prevention tips. So basic tips – make sure you wash your hands before you wash your face, any time, day or night and then you’re going to want to wash your face 2 times at night, that’s right, 2 times. Foam, cleanse, rinse and then do that all over again. It also helps to rinse your face with cold water when you’re done washing your face as this will close your pores and prevent lusts getting into your pores and giving you acne. So problematic skin – another good tip is to reduce the times that you touch your face – especially if you touch your hair and then you touch your face – you’re getting the oil from your hair onto your face. If you have long hair, say you have bangs and you notice you’re getting a break out along your forehead, at night and during the day when say, you’re at home, take a little clip and take your hair back or pull your hair back at night and braid it, and braiding it will help it from breaking as ponytails usually do when you’re asleep. So those are some tips for your hair and your skin, also if you’re noticing a break out along your hair line – I have a few clients that noticed this and they had recently changed shampoos and conditioners so take a look at those shampoos and conditioners that you’re using – I recommend, we have a few… DermOrganic and also Agadir – they have great products that hydrate your hair and don’t leave it collected with…basically… preservatives – so those are 2 really good product lines that you can use on your hair to help prevent any type of breakout or acne.
Other acne prevention tips – again drink lots of water. It’s really important to do that and help flush things out and, yeah, wash your hands and don’t touch your face – that’s the biggest one.
Be sure to check out some of our skincare products that correspond with these acne prevention tips. Click the pictures to learn more or make a purchase.
Glo Therapeutics Clear Refining Mask
- An oil absorbing clay mask intended to clear the skin of breakouts and calm irritation
- Proven blemish fighting ingredients give the appearance of smaller pores and leave the skin refined and radiant
- Recommended for acneic skin, congested, oily, monthly or occasional breakouts
Rhonda Allison EZinc Protection Cream
- Beneficial for all skin types and may be used by itself for hydrating and antioxidant benefits or over other nutrient topicals.
- An excellent choice for men, teens, and anyone who wants a light, fast absorbing daily protective cream
- Appropriate for all skin types and may be used daily for moisture and protection